Campaigns were added to Eldritch Horror in the Masks of Nyarlathotep expansion.
The campaign mode has the following features:
- The players face a series of 6 Ancient Ones. If the players lose a single game, the campaign ends in failure.
- Each game in a campaign begins with two Prelude cards in play: one Prelude for the current Ancient One, and one Prelude for the Ancient One that must be faced in the next game.
- Personal Stories introduced in Masks of Nyarlathotep must be used when playing in campaign mode
- Some effects, both good and bad, from a campaign’s previous games will carry forward into the fight against subsequent Ancient Ones. For example:
- Once an investigator is defeated or devoured, they are eliminated for good, and won’t be able to come back for the remainder of the campaign.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.